Single page design/book print option

Discuss the drawing application
james780

Single page design/book print option

Post by james780 »

Hello:

I have been working on a project that once printed will be a 15 page book.

In order to use the page numbering feature (insert>field>page number) I have designed each slide to be a side of the book. IE slide one is on the left side. slide 2 is on the right side. slide 3 is the next page on the left and page 4 is on the right.

This seems to work great for the page numbering feature I have setup on the master page (view>master) however I haven't found any info online here or in the help documentation (nor know what exactly to look for) that will take my slides and set them up to print as a book.

IE: the first full sheet that comes out of the printer should be something like page 1 (slide 1) on the left side and page 15 should be on the right then page 2 and 14 on the same sheet (So when the pages are stacked and stapled in the middle, you can turn to page one and the next page is two, three, etc.

Is there a way to get oOo Draw to print slides as a book? or do I have to resize my page to 2X the width and manually paste slide 1 and 15, 2 and 14, 3 and 13, 4 and 12, etc.. etc.. etc..

How would I be able to use the automatic page numbering feature? :crazy:

I'm sorry if this has already been posted but it is driving me crazy trying to figure this out.

Thanks again
-Larry J B
Using Open Office 3.2.1 on Windows 7 home premium
acknak

Re: single page design/book print option

Post by acknak »

This feature is not currently supported by Draw, but it is supported in the upcoming release, OOo 3.3, due out any day now.

In a quick test with the current 3.3 release candidate, it seems there are some problems with the feature, so it still may not solve your problem, but it should at least be a step in the right direction.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
RoryOF

Re: single page design/book print option

Post by RoryOF »

An easy way might be to Cut and Paste each slide into a Writer document, and let Writer handle the page numbering.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS