Can I loop only part of a Slide Show?

Discuss the presentation application
kirkdickinson

Can I loop only part of a Slide Show?

Post by kirkdickinson »

What I would like to do is have the 1st 10 slides in a presentation play in a continuous loop, then be able to break out of the loop to continue on manually. Is this possible?

Further explanation is that a church event, I want to have about 10 slides that are general announcements running on a rotation before the program starts, then when it starts, I want to be able to control the slides manually.

The only way I can think of to do this is to use two presentations, or just bust out and purchase a real church software package like Pro Presenter, or Media Shout. We just don't have the budget for either of those programs right now. Open Office fits into our budget nicely and we would like to figure out how to make that work for now.

Thanks,

Kirk
NeoOffice 3.1.1 OpenOffice 3.2.0 Mac OSX 10.6.3
RoryOF

Re: Can I loop only part of a Slide Show?

Post by RoryOF »

Googling will find you instriuctions on looping an OpenOffice slide show. If you use two shows - the 10 slide notices show, which is set to loop and then the subsequent show, perhaps you could drive as follows from a command line [syntax NOT correct]

impress [parameters for full screen show display] Notices.odp Everything else.odp

hitting ESC while looping in first show ought continue to next show.

I don't know more than I tell you and have never attempted anything like this.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
kirkdickinson

Post by kirkdickinson »

I know how to loop a slide show. I guess what I want is two different behaviors in the same show.

Where can I find the correct syntax for something like what you recommend?
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
acknak

Post by acknak »

I would think using the two shows is the way to go. Just start the looper second so it's in front, then when you're ready, press Esc to exit that one, leaving the second show already on the first slide. That seems simple and clean to me, and I've used that lots of times with Powerpoint, but I haven't actually tested it with OOo.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
kirkdickinson

Post by kirkdickinson »

Well, for now, I am going to drop all those slides into Vegas Pro and make a video presentation which I will play in loop mode. That will "Get-er-done" for this weeks presentation.

Will dig into that command line stuff as I have time in a couple of days.

Thanks,

Kirk