Hyperlink opens behind presentation in slide show mode

Discuss the presentation application
bridgemanj

Hyperlink opens behind presentation in slide show mode

Post by bridgemanj »

Help,

I have a presentation that I've created using Impress that includes many hyperlinks to Internet sites. The links work fine in edit mode - when I click on them they open the URL in Firefox which becomes the active window (in front of Impress). However, in slide show mode - when I click on the hyperlink FIrefox opens the URL but behind Impress so that the only way to view Firefox is to close the presentation.

I've used the insert hyperlink menu to create the hyperlinks. In the slide show settings menu - "Presentation always on top" in unchecked.

I'm running OpenOffice 3.1.1 on Mac OS 10.5.8.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and comments!

Joe
OpenOffice 3.1.1 on Mac OSX 10.5.8
cement_head

Re: Hyperlink opens behind presentation in slide show mode

Post by cement_head »

Hi,

I also have this problem in OpenOffice 3.1.1 on Ubuntu Linux. This wasn't the case in OO 2.4; it used to open the link and switch to the browser window. Let me know if you find a solution, otherwise I'll post a bug report.

- CH
OpenOffice 3.1.1 (Ubuntu Karmic Koala build; taken from GO.org) / Ubuntu Karmic Koala 9.10 x32
sciteach

Post by sciteach »

Same problem with OpenOffice 3.2 on Snow Leopard (OS 10.6)
OpenOffice 3.1 on MacOS 10.5.8
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows XP
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows 7
Hadouma

Post by Hadouma »

My problem is, a hyperlink to e.g. a youtube video does not do anything AT ALL. On mouse over the pointer changes to a handshape, so it recognizes the hyperlink, but clicking does not produce any effect.
I am using OO 3.2.1
OpenOffice 4.1.0
MacOS 10.9.2
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Depending on which version of OOo you use you may have to link to an external application to show the video. See
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wik ... thout_Java.

Alternately you may need to install the correct codec. If you can play the video in an application outside of OpenOffice you probably have a suitable codec installed.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS